Warm Quinoa Cereal
Simple breakfast idea
Write a review
- 1 cup quinoa soaked in water over night (in the refrigerator) or at least one hour before.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup of almond milk or coconut milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. pure maple syrup or honey
- Soak quinoa overnight in refrigerator.
- Before cooking, drain the quinoa and discard the soaking water.
- Combine the 1 cup water, 1 cup of almond milk (or coconut milk), and quinoa in a small saucepan over high heat and bring it to a boil, then lower the heat.
- Cover to cook on low heat until the quinoa is tender and the liquid is absorbed (approx. 10-15 minutes.)
- Stir in the ground cinnamon, vanilla, sweetener, and a little extra almond milk (or coconut milk) to make a creamy texture (as desired).
- Top with walnuts, maple syrup, cinnamon, flaxseed or berries. Serve warm.
- Ground flaxseed
- Fresh berries