Homemade Granola Cereal
Easy homemade granola
Write a review
- 2 tbsp. flax seeds
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 ½ cup almonds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. raw honey
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Place almonds in a large bowl, cover with water and soak overnight
- In a fine mesh strainer, drain and rinse the almonds and discard the soaking water
- Add remainder nuts and seeds in a food processor (leaving ½ cup of almonds out) and pulse until coarsely chopped, to the consistency of granola, then add vanilla extract, cinnamon, coconut oil, raw honey, flax seed, chia seed, sea salt and the remaining almonds. Pulse briefly just to incorporate these final ingredients
- Transfer mixture onto two large parchment-lined baking sheets
- Place granola in the oven on the lowest setting (usually 135 degrees) for 24 hours or in a dehydrator.
- For instant gratification, bake 45 minutes in the oven at 200 degrees
- Serve and enjoy alone or try granola in a bowl with some almond milk and fresh berries!
- You can make this granola with any mix of nuts and seeds. Use what you have. Add raisins, dried cranberries or mini chocolate chips. Be creative. Have fun.