Chocolate Cashew Butter Protein Balls
- 6 tbsp. cashew butter
- 4 tbsp. cacao powder (not cocoa)
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tbsp. ground flax or chia seeds
- 1 scoop hemp protein
- 1 tbsp. honey
- Dash of sea salt or Himalayan salt
- Combine all ingredients into a large bowl. Mix completely. Add additional coconut oil, if dry. Or, add in a little bit of water until desired consistency (should look like thick frosting). Don’t make it too wet/watery.
- Mold the dough into little balls and place them on a cookie sheet or wax paper. You can eat them right away or simply freeze them for 10-15 minutes. We fill small ice cube or silicon trays instead of rolling into balls. This is a great post-workout snack or a fabulous way to beat the afternoon sugar cravings.
- If you want to get creative, you can sprinkle unsweetened coconut flakes. Add any of your favorite ingredients to this mixture and your body will feel nourished and strong …but never deprived.