Breakfast Chia Yogurt
A delicious easy breakfast meal
Write a review
- 1 ½ cups of unsweetened coconut milk (1.5 ounce can)
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 2 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Dash of cinnamon
- Empty unsweetened coconut milk into bowl
- Whip by hand to a smooth consistency (can use blender to smooth out if desired)
- Add pure maple syrup, vanilla extract and cinnamon
- Add in chia seeds and mix well
- Cover bowl and place in refrigerator to set (can divide yogurt into individual serving sizes in mason jars if desired)
- Optional: Top with mixed nuts, fresh fruit or additional cinnamon
- Substitutes: Raw honey can be used in place of pure maple syrup. I used Native brand (canned) coconut milk.
- Note: Do NOT use “light” coconut milk or it will not thicken. Full fat coconut is good for you.