Maker Presto 03510 Ceramic FlipSide Belgian Waffle Maker.Print
Grain-free Belgian Waffles
These waffles are easy to make, using simple ingredients.
Write a review
- • 1 large egg
- • 1/2 cup almond flour
- • 2 tbsp coconut flour
- • 1/2 tsp baking powder
- • ¼ tsp sea salt
- • 1 tbsp cashew butter (or almond butter)
- • 2 tbsp ghee (melted)
- • 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your waffle maker. I use a ceramic lined Belgian Waffler Maker by Presto. (See link below.)
- In a medium bowl, combine the wet ingredients – egg, cashew butter, melted ghee, coconut milk and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and sea salt.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients. Whisk until well combined and smooth.
- The batter should be creamy but not too thin. Add more flour if too thin or more milk if too thick.
- Pour the batter into center of waffle maker, spread to edges. Cook for about 4 minutes. (Unplug and let cook a little longer if you like it darker)
- This recipe makes one very large Belgian style waffle. You can easily have a 1/2 serving (1/2 of the waffle) at a time, especially if you add toppings.
- Serving size: 1 large Belgian waffle
- Pick your favorite
- • Wild blueberries – warm a ¼ cup of frozen wild blueberries in a saucepan over medium heat for several minutes. You can add a drizzle of pure maple syrup for extra sweetness
- • Ghee or butter
- • Cinnamon
- • Pure Maple Syrup
- • Fresh fruit