Classic Shepard’s Pie
Write a review
- Mashed potatoes (sweet or white)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion diced
- 3 celery stalks diced
- 3 carrots diced
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 cups of (grass-fed) ground beef (or turkey or pork)
- 1 cup of organic corn or peas (frozen or fresh)
- ¾ tsp chili powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 ½ tbsp of Arrowroot powder (starch powder) – not neccessary
- 1/2 cup of broth (optional)
- Preheat oven 4o0 degrees
- Topping Instructions
- Boil and whip your potatoes unless you’re using leftovers.
- Filling Instructions
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Saute onion about 2-3 minutes
- Add celery, carrot and garlic – saute about 5-8 minutes.
- Add beef, turkey or pork (whatever you have leftover) for about 5 minutes. Leftover meat can be chopped food processor first.
- If using arrowroot powder: add to to 1/2 cup of hot water (or broth, or gravy) and whisk it – add to meat and boil around 1-2 min on low heat
- Separately, cook about 1 cup of organic corn or peas. Strain and add to mixture. (optional)
- Pour filling into a oven safe dish.
- Evenly distribute mashed potato over the top, sealing edges.
- Bake approximately 30 minutes or until heated through and bubbling slightly.
- Note: You can swap potatoes for mashed cauliflower if avoiding nightshade vegetables.